From pumpkin soup to healthy smoothies, a Philips hand held blender is one of the small kitchen appliances that makes cooking easy. See our hand blender recipes.
Servings 4, Preparation time 30 min., Cooking time: 20 min.
- 500 mL (2 c) water
- 1 clove garlic
- 10 g (1 tbsp) butter
- Flour (1 tbsp)
- 250 mL (1 c) cream
- 500 g (1 lb) white button mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 100 g (4 oz) pancetta, chopped
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Fresh parsley
- 1. Make a roux by melting the butter in a saucepan over low heat. When butter is melted, add flour while whisking over medium low heat for a few minutes until roux becomes shiny and consistency of paste.
- 2. Once the roux becomes shiny, take it off the heat and let it cool.
- 3. Sweat the mushrooms in a pan with a little butter.
- 4. Add the cream, nutmeg and bouillon. Simmer over a low heat until heated through, approximately 5 minutes.
- 5. Pour the hot soup over the cooled roux and blend with the hand blender bar.
- 6. Fry the pancetta in a skillet and add to the soup.
- 7. Garnish with a drizzle of cream and some parsley.
- Chef’s tip: The nutmeg enhances the mushrooms and brings out a delicious, deep mushroom flavor.