1) Set the on/off switch of the appliance to “ON”. Press the steam trigger until you no longer hear any steam escape from the iron.
This depressurized the boiler inside the appliance.
2) Remove the plug from the wall socket and slowly unscrew the cap of the tank by turning it anticlockwise. The pressure in the tank is now released.
3) Wait for approximately 15-20 minutes for the appliance to cool down before refilling it.
- If you fill the tank immediately without cool down period, hot water might splash from the filling hole as the boiler of appliance is still hot enough to convert water into steam.
4) Fill the tank with water, and screw the cap back onto the tank. You can now switch the iron back on again. The iron will need about 4 to 5 minutes to reheat.